Good Tidings is a casual guild which raids on a casual basis on the Agnarr Everquest PoP progression server. We have an emphasis on being friendly and helpful with members grouping, raiding, questing and having fun (which is why we play). Our leader is Cranel and he leads the guild with the help of his officers and assisted by the members of the guild. For the current officers, view the Roster on this site or ask anyone from the guild who is online and they can direct you to someone. Members may also view the Guild window in-game.
The guild ranks are:
- Recruit someone going through the application process
- Member standard membership level
- Senior Member a person who makes significant contributions to the guild
- Guide a senior member who has the ability to invite people to the guild
- Officer standard officer level
- Dwarven Overlord Cranel (our guild leader)
These are pretty simple:
- We are a casual guild, so there is no requirement to attend raids or similar events.
- There are no requirements to be online frequently, although we reserve the right to tidy up the guild roster from time to time for people who have been inactive for a significant time period.
- Play nice, have fun, treat everyone with respect and no drama.
- Remember that your behavior reflects on the guild, so this applies in all chat channels including Discord and TeamSpeak.
- Remember, not everyone is from the same background, guild chat/discord are not the places for hot button topics.
- No use of software that automates player activity (this is a server rule).
- No use of /anon as this hides your guild tag from all plus your location from the rest of the guild (the use of /role to hide your level and class from non-guild members is perfectly acceptable).
- No camp stealing and intentional training of other players.
Alts and Boxes
Alts and boxes are welcome in the guild. Just let an officer know either directly or in guild chat and they can be tagged. Just remember that officers may be busy and they may not always be able to cross multiple zones to flag someone instantly. With boxes it is expected that people follow the server rules with each box using a separate PC / laptop.
In the guild window you can identify an alt / box by looking at the note:
- (Cranel's Box) a box account belonging to Cranel
- (Cranel) an alt of Cranel
https://goodtidings.fun - this is the guild website and it includes forums We use TeamSpeak and information about our TS server is shown in our guild window.
All the officers look after recruitment, with the rest of the guild also being on the lookout for good people to join our ranks. To apply people need to sign up on this site (https://goodtidings.fun) and fill out an application form. This will be reviewed by an officer who will get in touch with the applicant to discuss the application before approving the application. Once approved the applicant can be tagged and gain access to the member forums and TeamSpeak voice chat. If you’ve applied and don’t hear from an officer, do reach out to one who is online to progress your application. When tagged as a recruit, the joining date will be included in the player notes to help track progression. People will start with the rank of recruit which will be there for typically 2-3 weeks. To progress to being promoted to member we expect that the person has been fitting in well with the guild, chatting in /gu and similar.
Raiding / Guild Events
We do raid on a casual basis, so nobody will ever be forced to raid, achieve a minimum attendance level or similar. However, we do encourage people to take part in guild events. Cranel is the raid officer, assisted by the other officers and guild members. Organized guild events typically take part twice a week with the date and time being shown on the guild motd (type /motd to view). This will include the time zone so that people around the world can convert it to their local time.
Regular events are:
- Tuesday night, 8pm EST
- Saturday night, 7pm EST
As a casual guild this is totally optional, but do consider passing on items to other people in the guild, especially if someone has donated you an upgraded item. This could be done via /gu or sending items to the guild bank (see the guild MotD for details).
This document can't cover everything, so for anything not covered just apply common sense around our guild being a fun, casual guild with no drama.
If there are issues / drama then these should ideally be raised with Cranel or any of the other officers.